Friday, August 5, 2011

Sewing Away Stress

After a week away, I'm getting into the swing of things. It's taken a couple of days back at the country for my thoughts to mellow and stomach butterfiles to calm down a bit. I'm not quite there yet as we must clear a few more hurdles here on the home front.

Although my 85 year old daddy's sugery didn't go as planned, he's alive, out of the hospital, and doing better each day. Fortunately, my niece and her son are there, staying with my parents a few more days for eyes-on/hands-on help. My sister is also in the Dallas area. She's been busy cooking, delivering scrumptious food, visiting, and doing everything/anything called upon to do. Appointments begin Monday and I'm so thankful they both are there to get Daddy and Momma to the different doctors. I'll be back to do my share once the home front settles down a bit.

I wasn't able to compose and post anything while in Dallas. My thoughts simply jumbled whenever I made an attempt. I had other priorities weighing in, doing battle within my mind. After taking some time at the sewing machine yesterday, I felt much better.

For me, sewing is the best therapy. Even when matching plaids! Usually I get stressed out merely thinking about matching anything other than the pattern's notches! But not yesterday. I took my time and hand stitched along the back seam. At least it's a little doll's dress so it didn't take that long and should be worth the effort in the long run.


Today's challenge: put in zipper and not screw up the matched plaids!

If you're looking for me, I'm sewing away stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews