Saturday, September 3, 2011

1 Million

I need to sew something today ~ from start to finish ~ my stress-buster, to feel a sense of accomplishment, to have total control over something. I can’t think of a better project than a pillowcase! If you haven’t heard, there is a 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge going on! Creating a simple, yet special pillowcase for someone is an easy, satisfying project.


The site offers free patterns to get the juices flowing. Watch the "roll it up how-to" video (a great way to attach the binding!), then download the step-by-step instructions! So cool!

It also provides a list of suggested charities where to donate the pillowcase! They recommend to call first, to see if the charity is accepting/participating in the challenge. In town, we have a 90-day Emergency Children’s Shelter. They will be my first contact.

Hope you’ll make one, too! And when you do, don't forget to update their counter! As of right now, they only have 304,174. Let me know if you do!

I’m off to make my first… will post a picture when done!


I did it and it's ready to deliver/mail!

I found the perfect fabric in my stash:

I cut out a "standard" size pillowcase, according to the directions, & pinned as shown in the video:


I did the "French" seaming along the side and bottom (don't worry, they explain how in the directions).

I think it turned out nicely! It's a lovely pillowcase for someone special...










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews