Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tenth Day of Christmas – Encourage

Lanetta’s Creations includes Encourage in its tagline. Encourage is a lovely verb to convey support that promotes confidence, sprinkled with a touch of persuasion, and is the focus on this Tenth Day of Christmas! Encourage is the second reason ~ purpose ~ objective I have for writing this blog. It is my hope to encourage you, as it is the support from others that encourages me.
If not for those in my life, and not all I personally know, who give me support and encouragement, I would not have the enthusiasm to create the things I do. Nor have the desire to learn knew things. I would not have the motivation. I appreciate each and every one of you!

How can we encourage one another?

In his article, Dave Cheong details 8 simple things you can do to encourage others.
  • Show genuine interest
  • Acknowledge what's important to them
  • Say "Well done"
  • Say "Thank you"
  • Reciprocate the favour
  • Respond with something unexpected
  • Ask for advice or confide in them
  • Offer to lend a hand
It’s the daily simple things we do for one another, the “pay it forward” least expected that's so special. Did you know there is a Pay It Forward Day? Yep! It’s April 26, 2012! They write on their website:
…you don’t need to wait until Pay it Forward Day to make a difference in someone else’s life – you can start today! You may be just one person in this world, but to one person, at one time, you are the world. Imagine if each individual looked for the opportunity to help others each day. Imagine the difference that would make. (emphasis mine!)

You’ll find clever suggestions for businesses, individuals, schools & universities, and the community to “pay it forward” on their Get Involved page.

While writing this article, I also discovered March 25, 2012 is "Good Deeds Day"! Check them out, too!

Between the different social media internet sites we have available today anyone can participate in connecting with others. I find Facebook members to be the most supportive. Not just through Lanetta’s Creations fan page, but the groups I’m involved with on my personal wall. Whatever your interest or need, I’m sure someone has already either formed a group, or a fan page. If not, create one yourself! Then promote it and encourage others to join in the discussion!

Besides Lanetta’s Creations, I also created the National Doll Day Facebook fan page. My goodness, for the love of dolls, "like" the page! It's a place to encourage the celebration of dolls each day ~ all year long ~ especially the first Sunday in August (which is also Friendship Day)!
After looking for a sewing support group on Facebook and couldn't find one, I created the Sewists Group! We share about projects we're working on, ask questions, review products, and encourage and support one another through the common interest of sewing. Please, join!

If you create and sell handmade items, several support groups are available on Facebook! These are a few I'm a member of and receive continued support and encouragement from each one:
Writers have support groups, too! Here's a couple I found informative and supportive:
Try finding a group perfect for you! I know there must be one, or two, or sixteen! Interact, let them encourage you while you encourage them! It's a win-win!

What can I do to encourage you?

Something as simple as leaving a comment below would certainly make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews