Thursday, September 6, 2012

Big & Bright


“Big & Bright” is this year’s theme at the great State Fair of Texas! The words are straight from one of my favorite songs:

The stars at night – are big and bright
Deep in the Heart of Texas


One never knows what the Fair’s theme will be until around March of the current year. When I learned “Big & Bright” for 2012, I began pondering the dress I would create and enter for an 18 inch doll. What fabric could I use to carry this theme forward?

I cannot express the excitement I felt when I came across the bridal weight tulle in red, white, and blue with the Big & Bright metallic stars! It was absolutely perfect!


Proud to be an American living in Texas – where the stars at night are big and bright – Abrianna wears the finished creation:


The dress placed fourth in the 2012 Creative Arts Competition! She will model the dress during this year’s fair from September 28th through October 21st. I cannot wait to see her! Congratulations to the first through third place winners! I’m excited to see their work and learn from what they did!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews