Sunday, October 7, 2012

I'd rather sew


In January 2012, I wrote a series of themed articles on different marketing strategies. The plan was to do this every Monday throughout the year. I will be the first to admit, the “Monday Marketing” aspect may have helped in some ways, but then went flat when I got so confused with all the information out there – it was a struggle to make it through January! Because…

I’d rather sew.


Going Viral Through Social Media relies on others to share!


Monday Marketing – Aha Moment mixing it up all year!

But, it’s time to do a bit of marketing prep. I have business cards. Now I would like to create a brochure for the upcoming craft and specialty show in Arlington, Texas. I’d like a little bit of information for visitors to take away with them, for reference and provide contact information. So, I go back to the ole trusty Google and do a search:


I find a gazillion opinions.

A couple tips/suggestions, however, keep reoccurring:
  • write a catchy headline, something that will grab their attention
  • focus on persuasion, not information
What type of attention grabbing headline could I write? What do I write about doll clothes or aprons or e-reader covers, to persuade someone to purchase from me rather than someone else? Geez!

I’d rather sew!


2 comments:

  1. You have too many things on your plate. Marketing is made up of many ideas and strategies. Pick one. Make a plan. Pick another - make a plan.

    I went to a social media class and left very over-whelmed. You will have to do a bit of everything. Just not everything at once.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me -
      You are correct! That was exactly my point in the "Aha Moment" article! I, too, would be very overwhelmed in a social media class!

      This article (10/07), it was "time" to create a brochure! I picked the plan and got it done! But, I'd rather sew!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews