Thursday, September 29, 2016

In a Perfect World

Not long ago, a friend shared on Facebook this photo from National Sewing Circle. (Thanks, Donna!) So I, in turn, shared it on Lanetta’s Creations Facebook page!



It would be a perfect world if it worked this way….

How many people quilt?

Every four years independent companies provide a “Quilting in America” survey (although I’ve never been contacted!). The last one, conducted in 2014, indicates the market is worth $3.76 billion (yes, that’s BILLION) annually! They report we have more than 16 million active quilters in the USA – one out of 20 Americans quilts!

I am one.

What’s the difference between a quilt and a blanket?

A quilt has three layers – top, batting, backing.
A blanket is a single layer of fabric.

Cost to create a quilt:

Although dated 8/31/2013, I found an excellent article on Katie’s Quilting Corner that discusses all the aspects of quiltmaking. What do you think of what Katie explains?



I found this cost sheet on the internet. I’m sorry I failed to note who created it, but it’s more in line with 2016 cost of fabrics and materials to make a quilt.



It’s all just a reminder, for those of us who quilt.

It’s an expensive endeavor.

But, one so worthwhile! With every cut made and stitch sewn, it’s a thoughtful prayer and hope filled with love. Wrapped in a quilt, it’s the hug that keeps giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews