Monday, January 2, 2017

The Ninth Day of Christmas

Within the last few weeks, I’ve encountered some friends that have said something like, “I’ve got to stop volunteering so much”. Volunteering is a great thing to do. Yes, no doubt about it.


 We can, however, run our self into the ground. Eventually, our health and mental well-being can/will suffer. I know there are many needs in this world, as close as in our neighborhood and local community. It can be hard to scale back. And, most difficult to say, “No.”



What about a re-focus on “volunteering”?

Do we have to physically show up somewhere to count as being a volunteer? I believe there are different ways to give of our selves, to volunteer, without leaving our own home! Sewing for others is a prime example!

Please…
Stop running the roads everyday.
Stop setting a time to be here or there.

Too much of anything is not a good thing.


Be Still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews