Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A Week Later

My goodness. This week has flown by much too quickly! This afternoon I head back to Dallas, to again help my mother during her rehab period after breaking her right wrist on January 13th. Yes. It was a “Friday the 13th” freak episode of tripping over her feet.

I got a week respite after spending 29 days there (three days during this time I had two special visitors)! For a blessed 7 days I came home ~ to regroup, to spend time here at home with my family, and get some remodeling done on the dedicated sewing room! Thank the Lord for my sister!!!

Back to the renovation update ~ I had to basically empty the room first, before we could install the new flooring, which took a couple of days while DH had a few projects to do outside. You can see the absolute mess I faced in my previous post.

The Allen & Roth laminate flooring was a BUGGER to install. Last year we installed the same principled type flooring in our living room, but a different brand. It was a room three times bigger and it went down beautifully with hardly any issues. But, not this stuff.

Anyway. It’s done.


We put the bookcases back in the room and I reloaded the shelves with most of my collection. I’m selling the knitting books. I know I will never learn to knit.





Did you happen to notice the tv trays leaning against the wall next to the bookcases?



These are older than me! They also still work! I have precious memories of using them at my grandparents when they lived behind us, and then at the farm. They will NEVER get painted, nor thrown away.

We then moved the new HEAVY SUCKER quilting frame and machine boxes from the living room! (Yes. They’ve been there since arrival in November 2016)!


I’ve order wall cabinets – white Shaker style – for this wall. I will pick up from Lowe’s and we will get them installed once I get back.


If I can find oil-based paint, I may eventually paint the remaining walls white. I know from lessons learned latex paint will peel off the paneling.

To the right of the door was once a window. It’s been filled in, and will have a wall cabinet, but it won’t totally cover the ‘pieced’ section. I’m still thinking about how to cover it as my Plan A didn’t work. I saw on Fixer Upper where Chip used a “peel and stick” type of flooring on a wall. Well, it wouldn’t stick to the varnished paneling like I’d hoped. I am NOT ABOUT to strip the varnish, so am back to the drawing board on this one! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!



I cleaned out a closet. I should have taken a “before picture”…
But, I didn’t.


It’s cool to clean out a closet after having stuff buried for 15-20 years! It’s amazing the things that are rediscovered!  

Now it’s time to de-clutter!

While going through the all stuff taken out of the room, I set up two boxes…
1)    donation to the local Senior Center
2)    donation for the American Legion Post #116’s annual “garage sale” at the Diamondback Jubilee (Rattlesnake Roundup) in Lometa Regional Park on 3/25/17
I also have a HUGE trash bag.

It’s a start.
It’s only been a week.

Until the next time I’m back home…





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews