Monday, March 26, 2018

Catch Up



It’s been a while since I last wrote an article for Lanetta’s Creations. So much has happened over the past few months.

I totally missed my February “promise” – I haven’t quilted the scrappy Veteran’s quilt. I did get the border put on, but moved on to another promised quilt for a friend out of her grandmother’s clothes. It’s not finished. I need more to finish its border and haven’t yet made the time to pick them up!

So many projects to finish…

I haven’t written/updated, the Journey in the Yolk Yard either! And, we brought home the baby chicks on March 16th! Another badly needed update! During the interim, I have posted pictures and semi-updates on the new Facebook page, Yolk Yard, if anyone cares to see what we’ve been doing.



As I shared on Lanetta’s Creations Facebook page, I did try the “Double Layer Slice Cake” pattern with the lovely fabric (Front Porch) I purchased while working at the Dallas Quilt Show a few weeks ago. After making the blocks with Trey’s twist (cutting both times 3.5” rather than in half on the second round of cutting), I just don’t like it! I haven’t yet sewn the blocks together because I couldn’t get the blocks arranged on my design board that I found pleasing. I’m not used to such big pieces.

I’m thinking about cutting them once again on the diagonal and sewing back together. Maybe that will better suit my fancy.

But, the new design/attempt has to wait a bit.

I have a custom order I need to get done. It’s making 18 pillowcases out of men’s t-shirts. The t-shirts have arrived!!! Now, to just get them cut out and stitched up and mailed! I’m waiting on a rainy day – which hopefully will be tomorrow or the next day if the prediction is correct.

What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews