Sunday, February 17, 2019

Mother Earth News Fair (with Update!)

I attended the Mother Earth News Fair yesterday in Belton, Texas. Oh. My. Goodness. It was amazing! The Expo center was packed full of vendors, exhibits, workshops (some with hands-on demonstrations), and people! Not just inside, but outside as well! Because it was a brisk coldness with steady winds kind of day, I didn’t explore the outside vendors. Going between two buildings was enough “fun” out in the cold!

I did make it to one presentation I had preplanned on attending. At least part of it before getting the text: we’re hungry.

I didn’t get a chance to see even half of the fair. Only a passing glance down the aisles as I searched for one specific booth in order to pick up literature, information missed in the presentation.

It was time to go.

After only 2 hours.

I started to stay on - by myself - since two vehicles were available. I made the choice to leave, to spend time with family. But then I literally cried and kicked myself the almost 85 miles back home. Since I had a “weekend” pass to get back inside I should have turned around and gone back. But the special time to spend with Momma exploring the fair, something we had talked about and looked forward to for weeks, was gone. It really never was there.

UPDATE: I decided to go back today! By myself! 
I had a FABULOUS time!

I made the one workshop I wanted to attend with Shawna Coronado and got to stay for her entire presentation! At many booths I collected free samples for the chickens and the garden! I also bought a half pound of WORMS!!! Those red wigglers from Texas Worm Farm to start worm farming!!! Oh, and I had the sweet gentle man Mr. Clyde explain to me how to use his "garden slider" ... which I also bought!

And, DaddyKirbs Farm was there yesterday and today, filming! Bummer, I missed seeing him and his lovely wife both days! For those who would like to see what the Fair looked like...although I've yet to watch it, this is what Blake captured yesterday and shared via YouTube video is here!

Oh, and I bought some Cotton seeds! I can't wait to get them planted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews