Sunday, March 10, 2019

Books on the Shelf

I may have already mentioned (I’m having a senior moment), but I wanted to share a bit about the books I’ve added to my physical bookshelf! Yes! For me, they are worth having to reference when needed, for inspiration, and “just because” I’m addicted to having actual books on hand!

The latest is The Wellness Garden, by Shawna Coronado. After attending her workshop at the Mother Earth News Fair, she offers great inspiration and gardening tips and methods, even while suffering with chronic pain. As found on her website, the back of the book reads:

If you love to garden but also worry about chronic pain and physical strain, or if you are in search of ways to promote a healthier lifestyle that features stronger nutrition with anti-inflammatory eating, then noted garden author and wellness expert, Shawna Coronado, has good news for you. In The Wellness Garden, her new book from Cool Springs Press, Shawna details exactly how she has learned to use her garden as a key tool in her battle with osteoarthritis and other chronic pain issues. This guide to better health can help you combat specific, chronic, health issues and inspire you to feel better every day. In this inspiring but highly practical book you will learn from Shawna’s life changing garden experience and see how you can grow, eat, and walk your way to better health by creating your own Wellness Garden–gaining the healthier lifestyle you desire and need.


The “West Yard Project” is on temporary hold. I still have a bit more of the irises to transplant along the spiritual pathway, it’s a Living Process. It’s time (past time really) to get beds prepared and veggies and herbs and flowers ready to plant after the last (hopefully) freeze.

It’s because between some of the library books I have read, Shawna’s book, and Introduction to Permaculture by Bill Mollison (that is now on my desk), I decided to turn our front yard into an edible garden! It, too, is a Living Process!






And, the 3rd book I now have on hand is Mel Bartholomew’s 2nd Edition All New Square Foot Gardening. It is absolutely packed with fabulous information! The subtitle reads: The Revolutionary Way to Grow More In Less Space. I truly believe it! The book is certainly a well rounded reference to have on hand!




I’ll take pictures of the work in progress and share next time!














1 comment:

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews