Monday, March 11, 2019

Boring - Not Any More!

Can you imagine looking out the kitchen window at this? This is boring! 

June 2016
(Before Mr. Mesquite had a major overhaul!)
After becoming inspired by reading the various books I’ve mentioned the past few months, and watching videos created by the Bealtaine Cottage (Ireland), Justin Rhodes (USA), Morag Gamble (Australia), and many others too many to mention, with their “permaculture” design concept... it finally hit me! Why walk all the way to the far end of the West Yard to tend to a vegetable garden?!!! That’s absolutely silly!

So, this is where I’m at now... a work in progress...

The white PVC pipe is my no dig zone, it's where the telephone wire is buried! Potatoes are planted to the right of cardboard, but the cats have messed the mounds up - they thought their easy no-dig toilet! Doubt any potatoes will come of it. Oh Well. Maybe next year.








Right now, the blue barrels and cardboard are to kill the grass!
The pots on top of cardboard keeps the cardboard in place! Once Bud's up to it, I plan on having him cut the barrels in half (lengthwise) and making planters. Someday we'll get "real" rain barrels rather than try to modify these sealed barrels.
I planted asparagus in the black pot in front of the hanging garden hose. We'll see if the cats leave it alone! I've put hardware cloth on top to discourage the cats. The terracotta pots will be for tomatoes and peppers. The last black pot to the left... blueberries!!!
FYI: Red Pepper Flakes do not bother the cats at all! I've got to figure out how to keep the cats out of the garden!!!


White pots & swan have onions growing inside. Momma's roses are coming back nicely after the severe Valentine's Day pruning. Will add Lavender to the newly prepared area.

It is a work in progress... I am bringing up dirt from the corral, one wheelbarrow at a time.

I need WOOD CHIPS!

Give me a year...















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews