Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Take the Time!

In another lifetime I worked at a Texas Public Charter School. During that time, many amazing people came through the door to teach, guide, and help the wonderful yet disadvantaged kids. It was such a fabulous learning experience for me, and I’m still learning from that experience.

One especially hit home yesterday.

I learned yesterday, I missed out getting know an amazing person.

During lunch with some long time friends (two out-of-towners I haven’t seen in over 13 years - Wendy and her daughter Megan -  and one local - Dee that I haven’t made the time to simply visit with), a common denominator brought us together. The passing of Ann.

While working at the school, I didn’t know Ann, except to say hello. I only saw her occasionally as she worked on the other side of campus.

But after hearing Wendy speak of her, their long time friendship, even across the hundreds of miles and a time zone change, I so wish I had taken the time to know Ann myself. I so wish I had known first hand the gentle soul and generous spirit Ann brought to this worldly life. I am so grateful I had Wendy share a bit about Ann, and for that I am blessed.

Lesson learned: Take the time.

2 comments:

  1. What a tender and thoughtful post, so well spoken and heartfelt. We will miss Ann but, she's with us in spirit and humor. Take time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed from the heart, Wendy!
      Thank you for sharing Ann with me.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews