Saturday, August 17, 2019

Texas in August

I know it’s been a long time since my last post. It’s been a weird time for me. After smoking for 50+ years, it’s a new normal I’ve been working on finding since Easter Sunday!
So far. So good!
Anyway, I’m here now!

It’s hot.
Okay. I’ve stated the obvious.
It’s Texas. It’s mid August.
There. The “weather talk” is now out of the way.
Two tips I have:
Stay hydrated.
Stay cool.

My first ever garden is still green! The grass around it, not so green. The plants aren’t producing much, but they are hanging in there!


My focus has been to do my best to carry it through this heat - four more weeks.

The other day while watering, if I could carry a tune I would have sung this song in my garden:




Another tip I have... get up early! Before dawn! Get your body woke by sunrise. Then spend a few hours in the garden, or on nature walks. Simply get outside!

I begin watering soon after the sun brings enough light so I can watch where I’m putting my feet.
I also check for tomato horn worms.
I work on outside projects - in the shade - until late morning.
I plan the fall garden in the afternoons under the air conditioning.

That’s how I’m getting through August! What tips will you share that helps you get through these triple digits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews