Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Inspirational Crochet

Over the past several months, I’ve spent any spare time I can muster working on crochet projects! I’m truly hooked! When doing other things, especially driving the 50 miles to town and back, I think about crocheting.

From the beginning of keeping this blog, I’ve shared links to what I believe are fabulous websites, youtubers, and facebook pages to everyone/anyone that visits here. When something and/or someone comes along I’ve found inspirational, I always want to share!  

That’s the case with Canadian Michael Sellick. 

I was on Youtube looking up how to do Tunisian Crochet and discovered Mikey

Besides finding a fabulous reference for all things crochet, specifically Tunisian style crochet, I took the time to watch his video “Mikey Learning to Knit – Outtakes” and it’s then I discovered his amazing laugh/giggle! It’s soooooo contagious! Hearing him laugh/giggle never fails to bring a smile to my face and makes me laugh as well! What a splendid relief!

Since that day I’ve visited his website and have liked his all things Facebook. His Facebook page is The Crochet Crowd.

The kicker for writing this article after missing months, I wanted to share, once again, something I find inspirational. On his Facebook group, The Crochet Crowd Stitch Social, back on October 11th, Michael posted the following: 

One of my favourite activities for in-person workshops is blind-folded crochet. People may not realize we have several community members who are blind. We realized this during one social visit to JOANN. The young lady was telling me that the explaining in the video of what I am doing is really good for her. While to someone who can see what I am doing, may leave a comment for me to get on with it, for someone blind, they need that extra explanation.

Why I love this activity is that the blind-folded person has a coach to help them along to be their eyes. To communicate the steps and motion to do with the hook should the crocheter be lost in their stitchwork. It's team-building.

This is also a group where other hookers share their projects… so inspirational!  

If you are into crochet (or want to be!), I highly recommend checking out Michael Sellick! 

And, anytime you need to laugh, or giggle, take a dose of Mikey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews