Thursday, June 23, 2011

Making a Statement

Someone asked me yesterday if I had a prepared a business plan for Lanetta’s Creations. In part, yes. Then she posed another question: did I have a vision statement. Interesting. I’d never considered the difference between “mission” and “vision” before her question. It prompted me to do an Internet search this morning and found numerous discussions regarding creating the plan and writing a mission and vision statement.

I want to share one site in particular I found uplifting and informative in writing a personal mission/vision statement. Within the Life Tools for Women site, she wrote a specific phrase that stood out for me when describing the living, always changing, vision statement: “through life’s different seasons…” Love it! Aren't we all ever evolving, changing, growing! Hope so!

I appreciate the information so much, I created a new board “Inspirational” just to pin the site! Its words will give me much to consider while working on the red/white/blue doll clothes! Hopefully, by the day's end, I’ll have my personal vision statement that will also apply to Lanetta’s Creations.

True words of wisdom always helps, too!

I stumbled upon this wall hanging during my early morning quest for knowledge.
The lovely decorated words touched my heart.
The creator of this display has many delightful things, and for a small fee, she offers tutorials how to create them yourself!
Although I’ve not yet personally taken a tutorial,
I've pinned her site under crafts.
It may just be what you’re looking for to make that
perfect gift for someone special in your life.

I’m not a big Oprah fan. But, from what I understand, she ended her show with grace, and encouraged us all when she said: “Everybody has a calling and our job in life is to figure out what that is and to get about the business of doing it.”

Indeed! I must figure it out! Have you figured out your life’s calling?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews