Friday, April 20, 2012

Food for Thought - Maybe


Just a few different styles offered at Lanetta's Creations

During the last Arts and Crafts show, a lady (I’m guessing her age to be mid to late 60’s) stopped by and visited with me for a few minutes. She had glanced through the assortment of different styled aprons I offered then turned to me with a wide grin and began, “My grandmother always wore aprons. I remember her vividly putting one on in the morning, then wearing it all day long. She would wipe my face with its hem or wrap my arms within it’s skirt when I was cold.”

She went on telling me of other memories her grandmother’s aprons brought to mind and I carefully listened and watched her facial expressions as she shared. The memories were indeed pleasant and appeared to bring great comfort to this lady’s soul.

When she paused, I simply asked, “Are you creating such lovely memories with your grandchildren?”

The lady laughed. “Oh, no. I just brush my hands off on my jeans and keep going about my business.”

I’m sure the memories she is creating with her grandchildren will be fondly remembered by them when they are her age. But it’s too bad it doesn’t involve an apron (any apron, not just one of mine) as I saw the joy in her eyes, her entire face, remembering her grandmother and all the lovely memories that simple apron brought.

Maybe my asking gave her food for thought. Maybe…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews