Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Macramé Police


Last week I wrote about my Comfort Zone and how I planned on learning some new crafty type things. Well…

If there is such a thing as Macramé Police, they are going to be all over me for my first two project attempts! That’s okay. I’ll handle them, just like I’ve handled the “Quilting Police”!!!

The simple act of tying knots… who would have thought! This first one, I sort of followed along a video. Melissa at the “Crafty Ginger” channel makes it look so easy. She works her hands and fingers with such grace! I’ve found it mesmerizing to watch!  
 

I was all thumbs! Literally!

I used clothesline rope (I love the Dollar Store!) on a spring rod in my window. I quickly learned to adjust the height as I worked the project! Goodness! It will give a good workout to the shoulders! Lowering and raising, adjusting where I needed, worked beautifully!


Although Melissa’s video said “beginner” – I couldn’t get the knots going right. I’m thankful I also had also found Andy Newcom on the Hallmark channel. He SLOWLY shows the four basic knots. So helpful!


This second one, I did my own thing… focusing on balance. I need lots more practice to get the angle designed better aligned and balanced.  

Personally, I think they are lovely as is, but will be even more so after I embellish with beads and fabric scraps and feathers and buttons and whatever else I can think of adding! I will share final photos, when they are out in the yard… sending out Whispers in the Wind!

Over the past week I’ve done a couple of small weaving projects as well! Since the loom I’m currently working with is small, of course they will be small! 


Using the fabric strips I’ve saved over time while making quilts (I can’t toss out hardly anything), I created these cuties! 

I’m ready to get some cardboard and make a longer loom!

Perfect projects to do while it’s cold outside!

What are you doing this winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews