Sunday, September 4, 2011

Give Credit Where Credit's Due

Lovely high quality cotton fabrics of whimsical, retro, and reminiscence prints are a delight to work with! Using such fun fabric, I’ve recently added three new handmade aprons to my studio. The Busy Worker and Oven Mitts aprons are for that special little woman in someone’s life. I handmade the Retro Kitchen bib apron with the ample woman in mind.

I’ve never been one to focus on the “label” of a garment. That is, I’m not, and never have been, designer conscious. And, I’m ashamed to admit, I rarely pay attention to who created or designed the fabric I purchase. I can’t even drop a name now. It’s the quality and color of whatever is made that gets my attention.

Oops, just thought of a few… Debbie Mumm, I love her artistic style! Michael Miller and Amy Butler’s designs are also delicious!

I’m bad. I’m certain artists of every kind, whether famous like Debbie, Amy, or Michael, or not, love the recognition they’re due! I know it must be hard work designing, and I appreciate their efforts to make my creations look fabulous! I promise I’ll start taking better notes as I begin cutting out new aprons and doll clothes and bags, and whatever else I make!

I’m going to get organized beginning with my next project! I promise!!! It was suggested to me a while back to keep a notebook with swatches, and all the info I could gather at the time of purchasing fabric, then all the way through the process of creating my items. At the time, I was so far underneath my stash I couldn’t see a way out! I’m still buried, but at least the fabric’s selvage has a lot of information printed on it for me to do a Google. Why didn’t I listen then? It’s like a light bulb has gone off in my head! Of course I need to give credit where credit’s due and share names/companies of everyone who played a role in any of my creations! Will do!

It’s never too late, Lanetta!

P. S. I found some info on the "Busy Worker" child's apron! The coordinating fabrics are Robert Kaufman's, designed by Darlene Zimmerman!!!


Home Sweet Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews