Friday, September 30, 2011

Summer of 2011

Someday I’ll look back and the summer of 2011 will be a blur. Although not seemingly at the time, it’s amazing how quickly it blew by, leaving me breathless most of the hours that collected into days. The various upheavals appear to be settling now. I hope and pray everyone continues to get better. Through all the trials and tribulations, I have an unending gratefulness for all the blessings God has given me.

Today marks the end of 2011’s National Sewing Month.

During the month of September, I created a smidgen of items compared to last year and I didn’t write as often, but I’ve enjoyed reading other’s articles, learning new sewing techniques, and – thanks to my sister – vicariously experiencing the First Annual Texas Statewide Quilt Shop Hop!  Mid summer we had talked about visiting some of the shops together during the Quilt Across Texas event, but it didn’t work out for me. She gave me the next best thing!


If you haven’t heard about this First Annual event, let me share a little bit… The state was divided into 8 regions and included over 90 shops. Depending on how many shops you visited (and received the appropriate stamp) within all regions, or some of the regions, you had different opportunities to win some great prizes! Not to mention, of course, to purchase beautiful fabrics and supplies! Which my sister did, often!!!

I loved hearing her almost daily report of which shops were FABULOUS, and would make the trip back, or probably not see again (until next year). Sometimes she’d call and I was able to give her better directions (thank you Google maps!) than what the shop owner provided, or the GPS showed. I loved helping her and her friends get to where they needed to go!

Next year I hope to participate! Note to self: Start saving $$$ now!

The way I plan to spend this last day of National Sewing Month: Attend OPENING DAY of our State Fair of Texas! I can hardly wait to see my 1st and two 2nd place ribbons! What will you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews