Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Reunion

A wonderful brisk cool morning begins the day I thought would never arrive! Tonight is my High School’s 40th class reunion celebration. Goodness, does that indicate my age, or what?!? I don’t feel like it’s been 40 years, but I know – several lifetimes later ­– it’s the reality. The saying applies: Time Flies When You’re Having Fun!
I’m so excited to see everyone again, many not since we walked across that intimidating (for me anyway) stage at SMU and received the scroll in our inexperienced, naive hands! Numerous others have been greatly involved in pulling this event together and we’ve visited over the past year, gotten to know each other again, and many for the first time ever! Even with the small role I played, it’s been a wonderful experience working on the reunion.

Whenever it's your turn for a High School reunion, I would encourage you to participate in the planning, whatever you can do from wherever you are! Thank goodness for the Internet, it helps tremendously in finding classmates! And, it doesn't matter that you might not know anyone or "didn't run around" with the folks starting to gather plans together, High School is OVER. Not one single person on my reunion committee did I "run around with" during high school! I am So blessed to have finally had the opportunity to get to know these lovely people!
After tomorrow morning’s post-reunion brunch, I’ll head back home, to the country – to my studio – and hit the ground running. Next Saturday (October 8) is the first of several upcoming art/craft shows I plan to participate in to sell my wares! Thank goodness I’ve already started different pre-planning lists to keep me focused!

But for today and tomorrow morning ….. the focus is on the reunion!

I hope everyone enjoys today, wherever you are, whatever you're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews