Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's a Wrap



Yes! The first ever So Sew Etc’s Sewing Camp 101 is a wrap! We now have five Next Generation Sewists among us. I’m extremely thankful all details necessary to pull it off came together so quickly and we had the camp this summer. My goodness! It totally surprised me!

I originally wrote about Sewing Camp 101 back on June 4th. Once the camp began, I updated everyone with the daily events. Here are the links if you missed them:


The participants even made the local paper! NOTE: It takes 2 weeks before those without subscriptions can see it online. Hopefully in another few days, click here then search for “Sew Much Fun” (the article headline.) But, I scanned a copy from the original paper…

What I haven’t mentioned before, and I don’t know if you caught it – we didn’t get to make the waist apron during the “official” week of Sewing Camp 101. I felt really bad about this. I couldn’t let it not happen! All the participants wanted to make the apron as well as the other projects they did do. Each one had selected and bought the fabric for it. I couldn’t let them down.

So… beginning July 3rd and finishing up yesterday… everyone now has an apron! We now have thoroughly Happy Campers! (Including me!)

Met with #1 in her home… no camera available during the process (poot!) But, Mom did snap one later & post on Facebook for me:

Met with siblings #2 & # 3 here at Lanetta’s Creations:

Met with #4 here at Lanetta’s Creations:

Met with #5 at the First Texas Bank in Lampasas:


Ta Da !!!!



Check out the photo album on So Sew Etc Facebook page! Awesome pictures of work in progress and completed projects.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews