Sunday, April 24, 2011

Always Learning!

I love what Jack Nicolson said: "The minute that you're not learning I believe you're dead."

Well, I'm not dead! I enjoy learning something new or a new way of doing something I've done for years! Since I'm a visual learner, I find watching YouTube videos are the way to go!

I spent several hours this morning viewing a variety of things I've not done before, or haven't in a long time! I won't list/share them all, just a few:

At the last trade show, I noticed several vendors selling adorable Princess Tutu's. When I walked by their booth, I thought, How sweet is that! The "How to make tutu no sew" video shows how it's done!



I've seen the "Butterfly Loom" hot pad before, but never knew how to create it! Although the video is in Italian, it's not complicated to follow along, watching her hands.


A while back, my sister gave me a knitting loom! I haven't made the time to learn how to use it and now I don't have to read the directions! It sounds like the presenter is a young woman! You go, girl!


It's been ages since I've used my Ashford Spinning Wheel. I'm grateful many artisans have shared their expertise via videos because I want to get back to making my own yarn! I have oodles of fiber, ready to spin!


I'm always looking for new ways to create fabric/ribbon flowers. I found this delightful video showing how to make a pretty ribbon rose.


Okay. Enough browsing for today! I'm burning daylight hours! Now I need to implement some of these projects or new techniques in my current works-in-progress!

Have you discovered a favorite crafting video on the Internet? Please share the link, I would love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews