Friday, August 19, 2011

Fall colors

A friend recently asked if I will be making aprons using fall colors. She loves fall colors. I have several lovely pieces and will begin working on them as soon as I get back to my studio! In the meantime, I brought a few projects with me when I came to Dallas. They are ready to sew and I’m working on them in between caring for my parents. The prints are more Summerish, but “Summer” lasts until the first part of October here in Texas! They’re bright and cheerful. In addition, and in my opinion, they are perfect shades much needed in the throngs of winter to brighten our soul. This morning I happened across the Sewing.Org website. A fabulous article caught my interest immediately. It’s the Pantone report for Fall 2011 Fashion Trend Colors. Look at these fabulous colors!
My most favorite color, the one they call Honeysuckle, is the 2011 Color of the Year! I love some of the write ups, describing perfectly the way I feel when I’m working with or wearing this color!
Honeysuckle - A Color for All Seasons Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it. Honeysuckle emboldens us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigor. A dynamic reddish pink, Honeysuckle is encouraging and uplifting. It elevates our psyche beyond escape, instilling the confidence, courage and spirit to meet the exhaustive challenges that have become part of everyday life. “In times of stress, we need something to lift our spirits. Honeysuckle is a captivating, stimulating color that gets the adrenaline going – perfect to ward off the blues,” explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Honeysuckle derives its positive qualities from a powerful bond to its mother color red, the most physical, viscerally alive hue in the spectrum.” Eiseman continues, “The intensity of this festive reddish pink allures and engages. In fact, this color, not the sweet fragrance of the flower blossoms for which it was named, is what attracts hummingbirds to nectar. Honeysuckle may also bring a wave of nostalgia for its associated delicious scent reminiscent of the carefree days of spring and summer.” Honeysuckle is guaranteed to produce a healthy glow when worn…
Of these colors, which is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I've always been a "Summer color" person, bright colors. But through the years I settled in on one favorite color which was not a "Summer color" and it was the Deep Teal (one of the 2011 Fall Colors). I also like the Emberglow as a very close second, especially as a complimentary color witht the Deep Teal. As distant likes I would put Quarry and Coffee Liqueur. I've never thought of brown as a color I liked, but I must since I like to dig in the dirt and it is usually some shade of brown.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews