Monday, November 28, 2011

What to take?


This Saturday I'm doing my last arts and crafts show (for the year) INSIDE the County Courthouse in Lampasas. The space will be very limited, without the normal "booth" arrangment because many vendors are stationed along both sides of the wide hallway, along benches within the actual courtroom, and wherever else they can stash us. Of course, I have no idea where I'll be! Therefore, I know I won't have room for all my items. So, with this in mind, what do I take?

I sold more doll clothes for 18” dolls than anything else in the last arts and crafts show. They are going for sure.

I'm thinking, because the aprons were displayed on a garment rack & folks had to thumb through them to see, is maybe the why they didn't sell as well. I know models Ethel and Lucy won't be there Saturday to feature any aprons!

But, this is the only way I have to display them right now ~ plans are underway to create a better system for next year’s arts and crafts show in which I may participate!

Anyway, I'd like to offer my lovely aprons because stores like Dillard’s, Macy's, Sur La Table, Pier 1, Williams-Sonoma, Walmart, etc. only sell imported aprons. My prices are comparable ~ within range ~ and I’m always hoping more people will support Made in the USA – especially Handmade in Texas, by me!

Maybe this demographic area isn't the right market place for aprons... but I thoroughly enjoy creating them, so will continue!

I also have small priced items, perfect for stocking stuffers, that I don’t list in my ArtFire shop. I love it when children come into my “booth” and are able to buy something for mom or granny. Seeing their faces light up with the empowerment it brings them to buy on their own warms my heart. I must make room for these items, indeed!

Then there are my bags/totes
              and beaded bookmarks
                      and Christian Prayer Beads
                                  and the books I’ve written…

Nope, can’t take them all.

What are your thoughts? How would you decide?


1 comment:

  1. We are still having shows up here. Inside is all I will do. I'm too old for cold. The next one for me is c alled First Night. It is the first night of the winter Broadway Centers shows and operas. I will be in the front of a vacant shop near the corner. Lots of Arty Farty people live up there. Inner City. It is hilly here like San Francisco. People walk in town. I will see ya in March for that coffee... Love ya, Lucy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews