Thursday, May 17, 2012

How it all started - Part 1

I’ll begin at the beginning! On Saturday, April 28th – my Mother’s Birthday – our neighbor dropped by and brought the local bi-weekly newspaper, along with the daily Radiogram (dated the previous Thursday). George brings the newspaper often, but it was the first time he saved / shared the Radiogram, something I rarely get to see. (It’s not the same reading the online version.) I love reading through its Classified Ads. This particular issue (remember, I was reading Thursday’s on Saturday) under the “Look what’s Happening….” section I read about “The Lampasas Mystery Book Club” that would be meeting on that SUNDAY (Thank you, George for bringing the Radiogram when you did, rather than the following week!). I called the telephone number provided for more info, left message, received call back later that afternoon and spoke to a very nice lady, Gail.

Although I’d not read the April book, I met the group the next day, on Sunday afternoon – another huge plus that they meet in the afternoon rather than at night.

** I’ve had my fill driving dark country roads at night – been there, done that while attending TAMU-Central Texas over on Fort Hood!

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the folks, and listening to the discussion. The May book is Ghost Walk by Heather Graham. When I got home that Sunday, I went to Amazon and bought/downloaded the Kindle edition! I’m half way through it and I better get a move on because the next meeting is May 27. Yes, it is Memorial Weekend! What a great stay-cation – gathering with a group of nice folks!

The group meets the 4th Sunday of each month (even during the SUMMER)! If you’re interested in finding out more information, post a comment or send me an email!





P.S. Are you in a book club?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews