Saturday, November 3, 2012

Donations for New Jersey - Mail Monday!

This is where I'm sending my (first round of) donations on Monday (11/5/2012):

Lacey United Methodist Church
Attn: Pastor Linda Applegate
203 West Lacey
Forked River
, NJ 08731-3509


Keeping checking their Facebook page for their wish list of needed items! 

After searching the Internet for a contact somewhere along the hit-hardest Northeast coast line after Hurricane Sandy, this is the article I found that caught my eye and caused me to call:


I spoke with an Elaine, a church member and volunteer that runs the church’s Thrift Shop. When I told her I was calling from Texas and wanted to know how we could help, she was so excited!

She also shared there are several other shelters in the area and Lacey UMC will be happy to coordinate the items we send with them so everyone gets what they need.

In addition to warm clothes, she said they really need toiletries such as the small size shampoos, toothpaste/brush, and deodorant. They also have volunteer crews that are going out and helping people clean up their homes (if they have homes). Therefore, they also need cleaning supplies. Elaine mentioned specifically needing duct tape and rubber gloves.

I’m certain they will be thrilled to receive anything you can manage to get to them as soon as possible!

As of about 4:15 today this is what their Facebook page shows they are still hoping for:
  • - paper towels - rubber gloves, work gloves
  • - sponges - contractor grade garbage bags
  • - bottled water - blankets
  • - pillows - socks
  • - diapers - baby wipes
  • - disposable face masks - plastic storage totes


Please share this with everyone you know! The folks need help NOW!

Hope to see you at the Post Office Monday!


2 comments:

  1. Check in the mail! It's not much, but every little bit helps! I was going to send supplies, but decided they needed $$ first. I will put together some toiletries to send and blankets next.

    La Mon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, La Mon! I know they'll appreciate it!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews