Sunday, February 21, 2016

Block of the Month (BOM)

A while back, I had a wild notion to create a Block of the Month Mystery series for the closed Facebook Group, Lone Star of Texas Quilts for Others. That notion passed. I realized it’s like reinventing the wheel with so many fabulous already established BOMs available! Some charge a fee to have access to the block patterns. Really?

Just this morning, I haven’t a clue how I stumbled across, but I discovered two free BOMs! Because they basically just started, I’m not that late to the party! I’m excited about them and wanted to share with you! Once I post this, I’m gathering my fabric together and will catch up!

Note: I’m not using their recommended fabrics, but what I already have on hand. Don’t get me wrong, I love working with Moda fabrics! Fabulous quality! But, I have so much fabric already I need to use before buying more!
 I did download the supply list so I can know the color values (lights mediums darks) and how much of what in yardage I will need.

My Secret Garden by Pat Sloan – finished size 68” x 86”
This is our go-to page on Free Quilt Patterns


The Splendid Sampler by Jane Davidson & Pat Sloan
This one just started 2/14 and currently shows 2 blocks available, out of 100!
I’m not sure what the overall finished size will be on this one.
Our go-to page is here.
Needless to say ~ 100 blocks ~ The Splendid Sampler will not be the usual “Block of the Month” experience!!! But, what a wonderful way to cover all the possibilities found in creating a quilt top!

Will you join me?




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just may join you. I have printed out the directions for each block. I'm going to try to get them into my schedule during the next two weeks....then I should be on track.
    Thanks for sharing this info in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous! I'm glad you may join me! You're ahead of me... I have to change out ink before I can begin printing out the instructions!

      Are you doing both?

      The Splendid Sampler just release Block 3 today!

      This is going to be fun!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews