Monday, January 25, 2021

A bit of catch up…

 

One thing has led to another since my last article, Inspirational Crochet. I was on a mission to learn Tunisian Crochet but found Mikey and all his other fabulous projects in addition to Tunisian Crochet. Oh My. They were all shiny!

Through his website I made this reindeer tissue box cover for my mom! Instead of a “sniffle station” as designed by Michelle Moore, the basket for Momma’s reindeer held small candy canes! She loved it!

 

It was THEN the Amigurumi bug hit me!


I first made a Scandinavian Christmas Gnome – just in time to pack away with the other decorations for next year!


Oh, and a Snowman… he’s now packed away as well!


Then I made Audrey the Armadillo for a dear friend who loves to take her RVing, hiking, and scene gazing! 


 


Oh, and she and her husband are beekeepers, so I had to make this Queen Bee for them!


Thinking ahead, I created a Bunny Rabbit for Momma’s Easter ~ soon to be filled ~  basket!


Also, a Just Because gift for Momma, when I saw Oliver the Bear, I had to make it for her! Although I modified the snout area a bit from the designer’s instructions (couldn’t figure it out), we think he’s cute!


Momma loves him!!!

And, I finished Emma the Elephant this morning!!! She’s for me. She’s also the last one I will do for a while…. I must give my hands a BREAK!

 

7 Things I’ve learned while learning Amigurumi:

 

1.     Use AT LEAST a full size smaller hook than what is recommended for the yarn you are using.

2.     Use a scrap of yarn (longer than what your project will be and in a different color) as a stitch marker. Thread it up the project, moving it up as you go.

3.     Use a counter and keep up with the rounds as the spiral can get very confusing!

4.     Know the difference between US and UK definitions (for example: in the US a single crochet = “sc” whereas in UK a single crochet is written = “dc”)

5.     Keep tension TIGHT!!!! (and is why I must take a looonnnngggg break)!

6.     Watch Youtube videos, even if it’s not the project you want to make!

7.     Oh, and stuff when the instructions instruct!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews