Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Fourth Day of Christmas

Kindness

When you think about it, showing random acts of kindness without any expectation of gratitude is easy. It takes little effort to give of ourselves.
Can we do more? Certainly! It is as simple as having awareness of others around us ~ near and far. Besides smiling at everyone we see, holding open a door for a stranger, or offering a helping hand to someone, what other ideas are there?

Back in November, I happened across Coffee Cups and Crayons. Megan had put together a Random Acts of Christmas Kindness (RACK) Advent Calendar for December 2016. I went through her website and discovered she has also created Summer Kindness Calendars for us to download ~ all free! Oh, and she provides a list suggesting 100 Acts of Kindness for Kids that I believe are great ideas for adults as well!

There is a Random Acts of Kindness organization. Within the website, beyond their kindness ideas, they have created free lesson plans for teachers to incorporate within the classroom!

Besides doing Random Acts of Kindness (RAK), I will be more aware and will support businesses that also extend RAK’s! I will be looking for signs like these:





While doing Google searches to find fresh ideas, I discovered ~

February 17th is National Random Acts of Kindness Day!

But, what if I don’t get out into the real world very often? What and how may I show daily Random Act of Kindness to others while I’m here on the ranch?

A few ideas I came up with:

  • Write (and get it in the mail) “thinking of you” letters in my own handwriting – not typed or sent electronically!
  • Bake cookies and mail to those I rarely see.
  • Send “Thank You” cards to people that take my mother shopping and/or out for lunch, or picks up milk for her when they are going to the grocery store anyway.


How do you show Random Acts of Kindness, even from your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews