Tuesday, December 27, 2016

The Third Day of Christmas

Music, Book, Movie

When celebrating the Christmas season (because it’s not over!), if I had to name a favorite, only one per category, it would be –

Music:

O Holy Night – performed by any artist (as I’ve never heard it sung poorly) is on top of my chart.




Book:

I’ll never forget ~ now 15 years ago ~ reading aloud, The Polar Express, by Chris Van Allsburg.

I read it without a microphone across a filled-to-capacity room that doubled as our cafeteria/auditorium in the local public charter school where I served as Director of Library Services. Over 75% of our students were in the CPS system, many with emotional and learning challenges. You could hear a pin drop while this mixed audience of teachers, staff, parents, guardians, and 50-60 Pre-K to 12th grade students listened to this wonderful story filled with symbolism!

I highly recommend, The Polar Express – the book!



Movie:

It’s not the “traditional” Christmas movie, but I thoroughly enjoy watching year after year, A Christmas Kiss! The writers did a brilliant job showing how good overcomes evil/greed!


What is your favorite music, book, movie when celebrating Christmas?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews