Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mesolthelioma Awareness

Yesterday I received an email from someone I don’t know personally. She reached out to me and asked if I would consider sharing her story – to help others. Because this is a powerful story of inspiration and hope, I’m certain she’s contacted others and asked them to share as well.

In part, she wrote:

The reason I have reached out to you is because of your blog! I am 44 and a mother to a quirky little 7 year old, Lily. She is my only child, and my whole world. When Lily was just 3 1/2 months old, I was diagnosed with mesothelioma; a type of cancer that kills most people within 2 years. As I’m sure you can imagine, the first thing that came to mind when I was diagnosed was my baby girl and how I wasn’t going to be able to watch her grow up.

After intense treatment and recovery, I’m still here 7 years later and cancer free! My journey with cancer was a terrifying one and I'd like to turn my pain into purpose and become someone that other people can look to for guidance, inspiration, and hope in situations like my own. My husband and I recently participated in a short video about my experience with cancer and I contacted you because I feel that your blog would be an excellent place to share. I’m hoping to use this video as a tool to raise awareness of this horrible little known cancer that is such a deadly killer (and sadly, 100% preventable).

I hope you take a few minutes to watch her message, see her lovely daughter, and hear from her husband.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews