Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Patron and a Quilt Show

Texas has quite a few major quilt shows! I went to the Houston International Quilt show about ten years ago with my cousin. We had a fabulous time! We were there the three full days and I don’t think we saw it all! We didn’t “stick” together, but would meet up every couple of hours for a “show and tell” of treasures we found. We’d have lunch together, then go our separate ways until the next meet-up. In my opinion, that’s the only way to experience a quilt show when a family member or friend also attends. They are “with” you, but not with you!

I can’t see ever going back to Houston. But, I never say never! It’s just too big for me. Now, the Dallas Quilt Show – I’ve been several times and am planning on attending this Friday – is just the right size. Although there are hundreds of vendors, the variety is amazing. I can hardly wait to get there!



I keep thinking… what should I wear… what should I carry to put my goodies in that I know I’ll have to have (since Dallas has a pay for a bag ordinance that applies to the quilt show as well)… where will I stash my cell phone, money, keys, lipstick, driver’s license, as I don’t want to be bothered by a purse!

The only thing I know for sure:
My roper boots – the most comfortable shoes I own! I wore them all over touring Ireland and never had sore feet!

And, I will wear red... I always wear red on Friday's to "Remember Everyone Deployed"!!!

Do I take my backpack and have it hanging on my back all day long?
Do I take my rolling sewing machine thingy, and get in everyone’s way like those small luggage things others use, or a baby stroller that mom’s forget is a tripping hazard?

What do you use?

What do you wear? 

Inquiring minds what to know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews