Saturday, January 5, 2019

Pathway through the Garden

While in the designing phase, I have envisioned a curvy, meandering pathway through the garden, but how do I create it and with what materials?

Things I need to be mindful:
  • Something doable for me to create with little help from Bud. I really really want to do it myself! 
  • Something for Momma to easily use with her walker. Or, when she uses the electric scooter, meaning turnarounds and roundabouts. Or, for the ease of it (for my hands) when I push her in her wheelchair through the garden. And, it’s not just for Momma, but for anyone visiting The Sprott Country Gardens. One never knows, it could be me.
(The same issues apply when using a wheelbarrow!)

So, it cannot be a pathway made using gravel, flagstone, wooden planks, or even brick. I’m guessing that leaves me with mixing concrete and using pavers... at least, that would be a movable pathway, a living growing flexible path as the garden grows.

I know I don’t want rounded off edge stones, even though I already have two molds that create the “cobble stone” look. The roundness just makes it much more difficult to roll over. Although this mold appears to make crisp edges - and a double good thing - it looks like a quilt pattern! But, I’m not planning to make straight paths! How would I curve and meander the pathway?

What do you suggest?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews