Welcome to September! Which brings ~ once again ~ National Sewing Month!
National Sewing Month celebrates home sewing. You will find an informative .pdf file here about the history of National Sewing Month. This year’s theme is “Sew for the Charity of it!” – what a great focus!
If you don’t know how to sew, this is a great time to learn how! If you already sew, I would like to encourage you to join me in sewing for others – for the charity/love of it!
Out of curiosity, I went to the online dictionary and looked up charity – just to be clear. This is what I found:
noun, plural charities.
1. generous actions or donations to aid the poor, ill, or helpless:
to devote one's life to charity.
2. something given to a person or persons in need; alms:
She asked for work, not charity.
3. a charitable act or work.
4. a charitable fund, foundation, or institution:
He left his estate to a charity.
5. benevolent feeling, especially toward those in need or in disfavor:
She looked so poor that we fed her out of charity.
6. leniency in judging others; forbearance:
She was inclined to view our selfish behavior with charity.
7. Christian love; agape.
What can we sew/create for others? Throughout the month, I’ll share ideas and suggestions I find across the internet! Check back daily for the discoveries!