Monday, January 7, 2019

Harvesting Rainwater


23 Awesome DIY Rainwater Harvesting Systems You Can Build at Home

Right now I have a wheelbarrow sitting out in the front and back yards. Last week’s rain filled them both up nicely! I know using wheelbarrows are not an efficient method, not to mention ruining the metal wheelbarrows, causing them to rust. Oh, and something I wouldn’t dare do during the summer when it’s mosquito season. I’m sure the mosquitoes could breed now, but I haven’t noticed any buzzing around.

Anyway! I want to harvest the precious rainwater. It’s another aspect I need to incorporate within the garden plan/design. I would like several, mini catchments if you will, with a faucet on each to either attach a hose, or simply fill up a watering can, saving steps to where I need to water, saving from dragging a garden hose from the front of the house to wherever.

I’m so exited to be joining the San Saba Garden Club tomorrow! From what I’ve learned from friends already members, they have amazing programs!

This first meeting - January - just happens to be on harvesting rainwater!!! Perfect timing!

Momma is joining the club as well! I’m picking her up tomorrow and we’re heading to San Saba! We both are extremely ready to get going!

I’m reading what I can today, jotting down any questions I might want to ask tomorrow!

Oh, and getting my mini notebook ready to take notes!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you! Our rainwater harvesting system on the house has been working great. Since we don't have a garden yet, we're using the rainwater in the cistern for the household (with a UV water purifier). It's a wonderfully self-sufficient feeling, not to mention the water is so soft and nice. Looking forward to hearing more about what you set up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment, Gail! I'm sorry I'm just now responding!

      I can hardly wait to have that same feeling! It's a slow process over here, but someday, maybe, hopefully!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews