Wednesday, January 2, 2019

One Step at a Time

It’s January! Happy New Year!
And, it’s a glorious rainy day!

I’m keeping myself grounded. It can be a bit overwhelming gathering all the different information needed to transform our west yard into a permaculture half acre garden!

One step at a time, Lanetta! The following is what I’ve done, so far...

Using my word processor program, I printed out a 12-month 2019 calendar.

I found the upcoming Moon Phases for 2019 and transferred the information to my calendar. I still want to get the Farmer’s Almanac, but just haven’t - yet!

Since Christmas day, I’ve been watching the 12 Days of Christmas videos Justin Rhodes (Abundant Permaculture) has produced for us! Because of his sage advice, I now know three things for sure...

1) I will create a spiral shaped herb garden, and
2) the next attempt of growing peach trees, I will plant them in our front yard (west side of sidewalk, of course!) and then,
3) I will plant more diversity and use the layering technique beginning with the established oak trees.

Justin often refers to Bill Mollison, so I ordered the highly recommended book, Introduction to Permaculture, it arrives MONDAY!!!


I also went to my online library access and checked out SEVERAL books! All I can read on my Kindle! I know I have a lot of reading to do... a great activity during these cold rainy January days!
Not to mention the upcoming really “down” time beginning next week, when the love of my life has surgery #2 to get ready for surgery #3!

Oh, and this is not annotated on my “Garden” calendar (because it should be an ongoing activity), but the next warmish dry day we have that I’m home, I need to pick up several wheelbarrow worth of cow poop - and get it spread out in my new “Zones” and “Sectors” - you’ll know what I’m talking about after watching Justin’s videos! Or, read Bill’s book along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews