Monday, June 4, 2012

So Sew Etc - Sewing Camp 101


I don’t know about you but whenever I’m awake, my brain is multi-tasking 98% of the time. It’s hard to stay focused on just one task. While working on one project, I’m pondering, working out details on something else, and creating new ideas. While out working on the Keyhole Garden, then sewing in the afternoons, the light bulb went off big time!

I’ve not yet shared here what I’ve been working on “behind the scenes” with the help of family and friends. It’s the fulfillment of a dreamed I’ve had for decades – to share and teach my love for sewing to young people who would like to learn the art of sewing.

I’m thrilled beyond words! Yesterday saw the last detail needed to finalize So Sew Etc’s first Sewing Camp 101!!!

Some of the projects we will create during Sewing Camp 101:


Drawstring Bags - A good thing!

Custom Pillowcase
Drawstring Waist Apron
Yes! I’ve posted to Facebook the Objectives for Sewing Camp 101.

The registration process has begun! The free sewing camp will be held June 18, 2012 – June 22, 2012 from 1:30 to 3:30 in the Fellowship Hall of Lometa United Methodist Church, Lometa, Texas. The Sewing Camp 101’s focus is on the Next Generation Sewists ages 8 – 14. Exceptions to the age range are always considered, simply ask!

You can find the Participant Registration Data form here. If you’re not on Facebook, send me an email request at sosewetc@gmail.com and I’ll email you the form!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews