Tuesday, January 10, 2017

How do you work?

Recently, “How do you work?” was asked on the Lone Star of Texas Quilts for Others Facebook group. Michelle asked if we have several work-in-progress (WIP) going at once, or do we totally start to finish before going to the next project. The discussion had mixed results. Some do several at a time – like me! Others must complete before starting something new!



Bottom line, it is whatever works! Either way, you are not alone!

I decided to share my WIP list before the world, get it out into the universe. I need to set goals and get them done! There are so many more projects I want to do!

Besides the following major WIP, there are “minor” projects I want to do, like Blessing Bags, Action Quilts (aka Fidget Quilts), Kennel Quilts, more Prayer Flags, and any Pocket Prayer Quilts when the need arises.

It will be interesting to see at the end of the year what I’ve accomplished…

Carry Over from 2016 WIP:

1.     Camp Quilt – top is ready, need to quilt and bind and label.

2.     Butterflies and Dragonflies Quilt – ordered fabric arrived, need to finish border, then quilt, bind and label.


3.     Nancy’s Quilts – design and create at least 3 more
4.     Charm (Beggar) Quilt – two rows pieced, need total of 6 rows. Cut more 2” squares and stitch together, join rows, quilt, bind, and label. Will be a *Veteran’s Quilt



Block of the Month (BOM):

5.     Secret Garden – catch up on the bi-weekly blocks, add sashing, stitch together, quilt, bind, and label – Will be a *Veteran’s Quilt
6.     Splendid Sampler – half way through creating the blocks. Add sashing, stitch together, quilt, bind, label – Will be a *Veteran’s Quilt
7.     Starry Night – bunches of blocks to make, join together, quilt, bind, label – Will be a *Veteran’s Quilt
  
*DEADLINE on the Veteran’s Quilts – July 1, 2017

Totally NEW Must-Do projects:

THEN: Create at least 6 more Veteran’s quilts by July – to cover veterans that attend the American Legion Post’s Cowboy Breakfast!!!
THEN: replace those quilts for the September’s Cowboy Breakfast
THEN replace those for the Veteran’s Day program at the local school!!!

Projects I want to start for Me, our Home:

The Farmer’s Wife 1930’s Sampler Quilt




And, two wall hangings for my NEW dedicated sewing room!

Yes. I have various projects going at one time. I love it! I don’t get bored for a lack of something to do!

How do you work?
One project at a time?
or
Several on-going?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews