Friday, September 20, 2013

Sewing Tips and Techniques

Can we ever have too many tips to make sewing easier, more professional looking? I don’t think so! I’m finding clever people all over the place! Many times I’ve thought, Why didn’t I think of that?

I love learning new sewing tips and techniques… here are a few I found!

Heather shows how to Tuck Your Tail In! I will remember this when I get back to my serger!


A wavetuck? I’ve never seen this one before! I'm thankful Sew4Home provided great pictures and step-by-step instructions. This is perfect timing for an upcoming project I’m thinking about creating for Christmas!



Another one from Sew4Home – creating ruching strips! I saw this on one of my sewing shows and had forgotten all about it! Love going through websites to jog my memory! I’m glad I have it included here, where I’ll easily find it again!


Pinking… it’s a good thing… rather than clipping those “V” notches on outside curves. If you don’t have a good pair of pinking shears, they are so worth the investment! Hopeful Threads shows the time saving tip very nicely…



This is something I do especially with 100% cotton. I’ve read over and over about pre-washing fabric before cutting – something I ALWAYS do!!!
              BUT, what I do first ~ before the fabric hits the washing machine ~ I take the time to serge both cut ends. I love not having to untangle/cut out the knotted raveled threads! Without the knotted mess, the fabric is less likely to twist on itself and get all yucky and difficult to press out before cutting out! If you don't have a serger, use your zig zag stitch ... it's better than nothing!


Do you have a favorite tip or technique to share?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for including me in this post Lanetta! :) Off to check out the others and learn more great tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews