Sunday, March 7, 2021

A Challenge

I’ve always wanted to create a crocheted sweater or a shrug or top but never have had the confidence in my work, my ability. A good friend of mine has made several fitted garments and wears them beautifully. Between her assistance when needed, and YouTube instructionals, I’m going to challenge myself!

I thought I would practice making/inserting sleeves using American Girl doll Lindsey as a model –


You’ll see I made a “shortie” based on the pattern designed by Lisa Gentry through Yarnspirations, Bedtime for Dolls.

Oh, and I have never made socks before until Lindsey’s! Not bad for first attempt! Yes, socks are NOT just knitted, one can crochet socks!!!

Now for the challenge…

I found Hailey Bailey’s “The Tern Tunic Dress Crochet Pattern” that has really caught my eye!


I purchased this Lionbrand yarn in 2020 and it’s been sitting, waiting for the perfect project. I think I’ve found it! I hope it works out nicely!



We’ll see!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. I have no doubts your project will turn out great. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing with your personal challenges. This project will be wonderful when completed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews