Monday, March 29, 2021

Crochet for Others

I love to crochet. It keeps my hands busy and my mind occupied. But, there are just so many shawls, hats, afghans, or dollies, etc. I need/want! There are just so many loved ones that appreciate the effort of hours spent creating a crochet project.

I know I’m not alone. A lot of crochetists (like sewists) experience the heart stab when their efforts are ignored. The good news is - there are tenfold “strangers” that will welcome the love filled gift!

So where could I donate items?

The Spruce Crafts’ article “Charities that Accept Crochet Donations” provides 10 suggestions! This should get the juices flowing!

Also at Crochet Concupiscence I found another list of “Where to Donate Your Handmade Crochet Items” that offers additional suggestions.

Both above websites (oh, there are so many others) ended their lists with considering local needs…

Last month, Texas experienced an unprecedented 254 counties total shutdown hard freeze. I believe this was widely reported nationally and internationally so I won’t go into it here. I’m just thankful it’s over and I pray it never happens to us again. I’m sure each and every one of us learned a lot.

Although it’s too late now… it’s never too late to start…

Moving forward my focus will be to crochet for others unknown to me!

It is my plan to gather like-minded people in the community to also help create scarfs and hats along with me! We’ll collect them, then decorate the town streets with the goodies! I’ll contact the Warm Up America folks to officially organize a Made With Love event!

Will you join me?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews