Monday, March 8, 2021

Take the time!

Sometimes we need to take the time. Seriously! Just stop crocheting for a bit and shake it out!

A while back, I subscribed to receive emails from Hooked by Kati (were I found Ember the Phoenix pattern!) and I’m so glad I did! She recently shared great info on how to prevent and recover and when to see a doctor. This email was timely for me!

I searched her website and found a more detailed article “Hand Health for Crochet Artists” which could apply to other artisans as well. 

Please consider regular break intervals to stretch out the arms, wrists, and fingers, shake off the shoulders, do a few neck rolls, and stand up – walk around! Your body will thank you!

After doing a quick search, I discovered a lot of people have created videos to share their ideas and suggestions how and what to do. I’ve learned quite a bit! I now have several additional exercises added to my routine!

For example:

Hands:

Wrists:

Oh, there are so many lovely patterns, especially Amigurumi items, I want to do! I don’t have time or the desire to struggle through pain to accomplish them!

Take the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews