Sunday, January 6, 2013

Twelfth Day of Christmas

I so get this one! On the Twelve Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Twelve Drummers Drumming … can you hear the drum roll? The Twelve Points of Belief in the Apostles’ Creed! This is what Christmas is all about, the reason for the season:

1. I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:
2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:
3. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:
4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:
5. The third day he rose again from the dead:
6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:
7. From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:
8. I believe in the Holy Ghost:
9. I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints:
10. The forgiveness of sins:
1l. The resurrection of the body:
12. And the life everlasting. Amen.


Photo Source: Whim Quarterly

I hope you enjoyed the Twelve Days of Christmas series I did this year as much as I enjoyed researching and writing about them! I learned much about the symbolism used in the song ~ especially what they are and what I had always thought they were (five golden rings for example!). It was a good refresher and reinforcement of my core beliefs. Although not a “religious” person, I am a spiritual one.

For me, it is now time to take down and pack up the decorations around the house! I’m very grateful I didn’t have the time to put up many decorations, so it won’t take long to put away!

For me, it is way past time to get organized! I will admit, I let lots of things go around here way before Thanksgiving in a rush to get ready for the last Christmas Trade Show that ended up not happening for me due to a personal emergency! I had several custom special orders (which I’m not complaining about one bit, and thank you again everyone!) to get out, then creating my own Christmas gifts to give.

For me, it is time to make a list, actually make several different lists – one for each goal and what I need to do in order to accomplish said goal ….  Now where did I stash the index cards?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews