Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Seventh Day of Christmas

Happy New Year Everyone!


The song, Twelve Days of Christmas, has Seven Swans-a-Swimming for the seventh day, depicting the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit. I found the gifts listed in Romans 12:6-8 (NIV):

We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.
If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith;
if it is serving, then serve;
if it is teaching, then teach;
if it is to encourage, then give encouragement;
if it is giving, then give generously;
if it is to lead, do it diligently;
if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.


Many years ago, I did a cross-stitch for Mother that reads:

What we are is God’s gift to us.
What we become is our gift to God.
Eleanor Powell

Although I haven’t in a long time, I love doing cross-stitch projects. I have several pieces started. One of the goals I’ve set for 2013 will be to finish them (whenever hands permit)! Some I will offer through Lanetta’s Creations, others will be Christmas gifts for family and friends.

Did you set “goals” or make any “resolutions” today? Which do you do? What’s number one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews