Tuesday, January 15, 2013

On Second Thought


Pantone's Color of the Year ~ Emerald ~ is such a lovely shade of green. On their website, they write:
Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony.

I certainly agree with this assessment!

The 2012’s color Tango didn’t excite me like 2011’s Honeysuckle and now the Emerald. Although I did use a bit of Tango in some of the doll dresses created last year, I couldn’t really get into the color. Much unlike the Honeysuckle and the plan for Emeralds!

Character "Emily" wore a beautiful emerald dress on the #2.11 episode of Revenge, "Sabotage". I thought it very posh of Revenge designers to incorporate Pantone’s CotY into their costumes! I had to laugh at myself because I knew Emerald was the color of the year!



My goodness. I had a rude awakening this morning! I thought it would be fun to have an official “swatch” from Pantone, even thought of going back to 2010 (when I officially started Lanetta’s Creations) and getting one for each year.

They want $9.95 EACH, plus $4.50 SH!


On second thought, I’ll spend the money on some beautiful Emerald fabric! At least, what I think is "Emerald" as there are so many shades of greens out there!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews