Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Eighth Day of Christmas


Within the song Twelve Days of Christmas, today we get to the Eight Maids-a-Milking, the first “active” symbolism which represents the Eight Beatitudes. We can find the blessings, the set of teachings by Jesus, in Matthew5:3-10.

I found this interesting 2009 photo depicting Eight Maids-a-Milking. Someone took it while visiting the Butchart Gardens, located near Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. I glanced over other beautiful pictures taken there and wondered if any of my readers have ever actually visited the gardens?!?

I can only imagine how breathtaking it must be in person!

One of my 2013 goals is landscaping a large section of our yard. We have about an acre within the fence, with the house sitting in the middle. The east side is “his” – with the barn, ranch equipment, and car park. The west side will be the “gardens” I’ve always wanted and only dabbled with here and there. The Butchart Gardens, and the Dallas Arboretum, are my inspirations.

Living in a drought area of Texas, I must keep a Xeriscape landscape focus – without using cactus! Google images provide great visuals to get the juices flowing! I also try and watch the PBS show, Central Texas Gardener, or read over their website, for ideas, tips, and what to do when.
We constructed the Keyhole Garden in 2012.
The area, the corner of the yard behind the Keyhole is where I'm talking about!
It may not happen in 2013, but it is my hope to eventually stroll through the garden, sit among the flowers and greenery, and do handwork, or read, or crochet, or write – or pray.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews