Sunday, September 1, 2013

National Sewing Month

Hey, Sewists across the nation and around the world! What an exciting month we have before us! September is National Sewing Month! Did you know? Back in 1982, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed September as National Sewing Month stating in part:

In recognition of the importance of home sewing to our Nation.


I’ve written a blog post each day during September for the past few years. Last year I cheated as I invited folks I know to share their love for sewing! Several family members, friends I know personally, and friends I’ve met through Facebook helped me with the articles. I believe it was a fabulous way to cheat because others – who didn’t have a blog of their own – had a venue to share their inspiration and love for sewing with me and my readers!

Check out the archives when you get a chance. And, maybe, hopefully, they will leave a comment letting us know what they’ve been up to in this past year!

I’m away from the Lanetta’s Creations studio this September but have created a make-shift space within my mother’s family room. In between serving as primary caregiver while she recovers from a broken femur, I’m working on a few things, and playing with some new toys I’ll tell you about later!

My ArtFire Studio, Lanetta’sCreations, is temporarily closed (I just couldn’t bring my inventory here), but will reopen once momma returns to living independently - and I'm back home! A few special orders are in the works because folks have seen pictures on my Facebook page and have asked questions!

I love folks asking questions, like can you / will you make this or that for me in this or that color?!!?

Thank goodness, when I arrived in Dallas back in July, I did bring with me – my favorite of all time sewing machine: my Pfaff 1475CD. I absolutely love this machine!


September is a special month, one I hold dear to my heart – because it’s National Sewing Month! Although, this year, I doubt I’ll post an article every day! I hope you find them informative, fun, and worthwhile to read!

Stay tuned!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks sister for continuing your sewing blog during September. I always learn a lot from you and others who share comments, tips and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! Although I don't think I'll have an article every day this year, I hope you'll find those that are posted interesting and informative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews