Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Who Would Have Thought

This is a must try! The Sidekick mini suitcase by Sew Fearless! What a clever idea! Can you tell how excited I am to discover this fabulous pattern and tutorial? I just had to share with you! I’m sew going to try my hand at this little jewel! 

I envision filling it with a starter wardrobe* for 18” dolls, along with a brand new doll, for a special little girl I’ve yet to meet. I may never meet her face-to-face, and that’s totally okay. One thing I didn’t mention in my Community Sewing article, I want all little girls ~ who want one ~ to have a doll, and a starter wardrobe, to replace one she may have lost due to fire, flood, or any other natural disaster. Maybe her family cannot afford a doll…

 *Starter Wardrobe:
            Pajamas or gown with matching robe
            Blouse and Jeans, store bought tennis shoes
            Dressy dress, store bought black shoes
            School dress (to go with the black shoes)
            Panties

Wonder what else I could make, to include in the suitcase? Any suggestions?




2 comments:

  1. So, fun! Thank you for sharing my pattern, Lanetta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, Jodi! I love this! Thank you for figuring it all out! Will be buying the pattern soon!

    Quick question, do you think an 18" doll will fit going corner to corner diagonally?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews