Saturday, September 27, 2014

Make it Last

I’ve had self-healing cutting mats for over 25 years now. They are all still in beautiful condition, because I take care of them!

I did a goodsearch.com (because QOV receives money for every search I do!) for “care for self healing mat” and the same information came up time and again!

  
Keep your mat…

1.     Flat (never store on its edge, or with something underneath it! It does not forgive!)
2.     Away from heat (no iron, no coffee cup, trunk of vehicle)
3.     Moist – give it a good bath following the instructions Generations Quilt Patterns shared:   
To soak it, put your mat in a bathtub or large container (would have to be large so it can lay flat) and soak it for 15-20 minutes in a solution of 1/4 cup white vinegar to every gallon of cool water. Let me repeat, cool water. Do this every so often to help extend its useful life.
 Then use a squirt of mild dishwashing soap (Ivory) and clean the mat with a mushroom brush (soft is the key word here). The purpose of this gentle scouring is to remove the fibers that get trapped in the cuts marks preventing the cuts from "healing".
 I love it when one of my favorite tools last… forever!!!

Remember....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews